Wednesday 14 March 2018

Livejournal. An embarassing timecapsule!

Many years ago, long before Facebook and Twitter, possibly even before MySpace was a thing (Remember that), the in vogue trend was to have a LiveJournal. This was a blogging service that was mostly populated by young people who mostly got all angsty about life. Myself included.

It is funny how time changes our attitudes. As teenagers we feel the need to fit in and try to make ourselves seem "edgy". Make ourselves seem more unique and harder than all the other teens out there. Feel the toxicity flow, rarr! :-P

A few days ago, I received an email notification saying someone had liked a post from my ancient LiveJournal blog. This confused me as I was surprised it was still around. Looking at the post, I was horrified to find what I had written many years ago. It was basically a rant about how crap it was being single and I was getting upset at having no close partner. At this point I cringed hard. What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You. Young xahldera?

As I said above, we all change as time goes on. I'll admit there are moments where I do lament being a "solo flier". But I have mellowed out significantly since then and I actually prefer being on my own. There is a certain comfort to living life at your own pace without having to worry too much about leaving others behind. But man, the stuff I wrote when in my late teens to twenties is really bad. And the LJ blog is only part of it. I've come across stuff in an old written journal that makes me laugh even more. Growing up sucks, but it is hard not to laugh at some of the sillier opinions I held and sillier decisions I made in my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment